logo image

Right to Buy Valuations

Introducing Our Cost-Effective Right to Buy Valuations

Thanks to the government’s Right to Buy Scheme, you can buy your council home for as little as 30% of its current market value.

But how do you know how much your property is worth? Can you take your landlord’s word for it?

At Novello Chartered Surveyors, we’re here to put your mind at ease, negotiate fair terms and prevent disputes.

We can provide you with an accurate and impartial market valuation. We also offer invaluable property advice, helping you decide how to invest your money wisely.

We don’t work on behalf of lenders. Protecting your best interests is our top priority. If you want to secure a fair deal to take ownership of your council home, you should partner with London’s property experts at Novello.

Get a quote today...

1Type of valuation:

What is the Right to Buy Scheme?

Under the Right to Buy Scheme, tenants can purchase their housing association or council home for a heavily discounted price. Currently, provided you’ve been living in your home for at least three years, you can knock 35% off your house’s value or 50% off your flat’s value. After five years of tenancy, that discount increases by 1% annually to a maximum total value of £104,900.

Do I need an independent valuation?

The first step towards purchasing your council home starts with an application to your landlord. After receiving your application, your landlord will reject it or make you an offer. If you disagree with the price offered, you can appeal this to the District Valuer. However, we can assist in providing an independent valuation to support your claim.

If you want to make sure your landlord’s valuation is accurate, you need to get an independent Right to Buy Valuation from a RICS Registered Valuer.

What can I do with a Right to Buy Valuation?

  • Determine whether your landlord’s claims are accurate

    Until you’ve had your home independently valued, you won’t know if your landlord’s valuation is fair.

  • Challenge your landlord’s terms

    Think you’re being mistreated by your landlord? You have the right to dispute or challenge their offer, but you’ll need a valuation to do it.

  • Appeal to your District Valuer

    You can appeal your landlord’s terms by presenting your RICS Right to Buy Valuation to your District Valuer.

building and plant in front

Get your council home independently valued today

At Novello Chartered Surveyors, we prioritise accuracy and value when producing market valuations. Our prices are highly competitive. Our services are reliable, convenient and prompt. And our professionals are fully trained, highly experienced and fully qualified.

Instead of deciding whether to purchase your property based on your landlord’s valuation, find out how much your home is really worth by calling our RICS Registered Valuers.